Have you noticed that the internet is this huge morass of information overload?
Everybody is trying to sell something, but disguised as free information to get your attention so that you will put your name on their mailing list.
There is MLM, Bitcoin Trading, Forex Trading, e-commerce, Ebay, Amazon, book stores, membership sites, marketing gurus and a million and one other people competing for our attention.
There are some great products out there and many great offerings. I don't know about you, but my email inboxes (yes, plural) are overflowing with new deals, new offers, set and forget, just press this button and get rich, the "Secrets that the big banks don't want you to know" and about a million and one other "shiny objects". You could spend your life looking at them all, trying them, investing in this course or that, losing your money and getting disheartened.
So here are a couple of hard and fast rules:
Rule No #1 - there is no such thing as a "get rich quick" scheme.
Rule No #2 - there is no such thing as "making money on autopilot".
Rule No #3 - there are no automated bots out there that will make you rich while you sleep.
Rule No #4 - Facebook ads are great but don't use them if you are not prepared to monitor them, test what doesn't work and tweak, and really learn the craft - don't just set your budget and come back in a month - if you do, you will have lost your money and made no sales - same for Google, Bing and others
Rule No #5 - time equals money - so if you don't have money to invest, you can still succeed but it will take a lot of time
Rule No #6 - if you re going to bootstrap your business without investing, you can, but be prepared to work HARD, HARD, HARD
1. Find your business niche, find a guru to follow in that niche, then stick to them like glue.
2. Be a follower and look at all their material, but don't join any expensive programs too early on, because a lot of the stuff that they charge big bucks for can be found on their websites, or their YouTube videos.
3. Get on social media, and comment.
4. Get on Quora and Reddit and comment.
5. Join a bunch of like-minded Facebook and Instagram groups and post regularly, but don't sell, just be yourself and establish your credibility
6. Get a blog going - it doesn't matter if you blog daily, weekly or fortnightly, just be consistent
7. ALL THE WHILE - you need to be BUILDING YOUR LIST - you will hear it ad nauseum - THE MONEY IS IN THE LIST, DON'T QUESTION IT, JUST ACCEPT IT, so get yourself and autoresponder and start building your audience - ASK ME HOW
HERE IS THE IMPORTANT BIT - THE GLUE THAT WILL PULL ALL THIS TOGETHER
1. Ditch the shiny objects and get on a single-minded path.
2. UNSUBSCRIBE from all email that does not take you down that path, and don't be distracted by shiny objects.
2. Set up a diary/ calendar that forces you to go down that path - you won't always stick to it, but it is a FRAMEWORK and don't beat yourself up, if you don't follow it to the letter - after all, it is a GOAL and goals are chased but not always met, but the good thing about that is that you can set your mental "self-correct" button and force yourself to get back on track - that is the beauty of goals and to have them you should have them written down.
I use Google Calendar and I have daily, weekly, and monthly routines set out - now I know that I am not always going to stick to those routines, but it is always a great place to come back to if you have gotten yourself off track.
If you have a single minded purpose and a framework, and you keep putting one foot in front of the other, while following a plan, then you will eventually break through to success. Remember the old story of the hare and the tortoise - don't be the hare, unless you are totally focussed. Be the tortoise, make some mistakes, correct them, and keep going.
I stress that your plan is YOUR PLAN - there are no hard and fast rules - just be consistent and persistent.
Above all, have fun with it, find mentors and listen to them and do what they do and say. The internet business experience can be a lonely journey if you don'g find some buddies. Ask questions, join groups, and once you start having success, you will be invited to groups and masterminds. Just be patient.
See you inside the Mediagate Mob Group!